Because GOD KNOWS EVERYTHING, I will go to Him with all my questions and worries.
God is the only source of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom;
everything we know and understand originated with Him.
Bill Bright, Discover God
Google, the popular Internet search engine, has become the first stop for most children when they have a question that needs an answer. As powerful as the Google search engine might be, you and I know that it's limited by the knowledge of the one inputting the information.
- Google can't assure your child that it knows the future, and that there's no need to worry.
- Google can't understand your child's heartache or know just what to do to heal the wounds.
- Google can't give your child wisdom to know the best decision. Google can't guarantee that the knowledge found there is 100% right.
So why is it that a child can be more inclined to believe what is found on a website than what is found in God's Word?
Sadly, knowledge from God's Word is ridiculed, and those who talk about it are labeled as ignorant, naive, and out of touch.
Have you ever sat in your child's science class? The knowledge we attain through science is not at odds with the knowledge of the One who has been around since the beginning of time, but that's not what most children hear in the classroom or on TV.
If you want to set your children up for success as they interface with the world around them, you must teach them that God really does Know Everything and help them see why that fact really matters. If you don't, Google may well become their god for knowledge, and you may not even realize it.
In Him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Colossians 2:3, Discover God Bible, (NLT).
- Has God ever given you wisdom to deal with a hard situation?
- Have you ever had a question that the Bible has answered for you? If so, what was it?
- What was the answer?!
- Why do you think only God can know everything?
"ABIDE" for God Knows Everything
A - Activity ... Family Fun Activities!
B - Bible Times ... Exploring God's Word together
I - Influencing Others ... how can you make a difference?
D - Drawing/Drama ... exploring your creative side!
E - Experience ... finding the teachable moments